Sunday 4 August 2013

Summer calls for some major adjustments to not only what form of makeup we wear but also how we wear it in order to stay looking flawless in the heat, humidity and exposure to the sun. As not everyday is the same, I have come up with 3 ways to wear your face to suit how your skin is feeling, moving from sheer to heavier coverage.

1. Sheer Coverage:
I actually only tried this yesterday. I have noticed that my skin has gradually become ever so slightly tanned, not a great deal, but enough for my foundation to look sickly strange on my face. Without foundation my face had some glow to it and my yellow undertones were more prominent.

In order to make the most of it, I applied my usual moisturizer, followed by my Garnier Ambre Solaire sunscreen, something I have now incorporated into my morning skincare routine. It has a thick creamy moisturizing consistency which makes my face feel less bare. There is also a lotion-y milk version of this is prefer something more lightweight. While it is not oily it does leave a shine.

I then applied my Rimmel Stay Matte powder with a soft all over face brush, concentrating on my T Zone and lightly dusting over the rest of my face. This will both reduce the shine and gently even out the skin tone leaving no patches or streaks.

This is great if you want to let your skin show through but still want even skin without feeling cake-y. Amazingly lightweight and natural.

Those of you with dry skin, such as myself, we tend to be weary of applying powder directly to the skin, but the double moisturizing will prevent your skin from drying out.

2. Light Coverage
I use my Missha B Perfect Cover BB cream when I want a small amount of coverage and to reduce pigmentation. Again I apply it straight after moisturizer, the creamy consistency of this makes it best applied with your fingertips. Follow this with powder to set and reduce shine.

3. Medium Coverage:
This method is for when I have increased imperfections on your skin but still need something moisturizing and light. Take your daily foundation, mine is currently Bourjois Healthy Mix, pump out a single pump on to the back of your hand and mix it with the same amount of your moisturizer. it can now be applied either with fingers or a brush all over the face. Then powder and go!

Of course, with any of these method you can use concealer to problem areas which requires extra coverage i.e. under the eyes, around nose and mouth and on any blemishes and imperfections before you powder.

I find each of these techniques give me a lovel healthy and flawless finish and still allow my skin to breath.

No makeup natural dewy look:
If you do not want to wear much more makeup, then you can finish your look by blending a lighter colored concealer before powder to the top of your cheekbones, bringing it down and pointing up towards the highest point of your nose in a V shape and also down the ridge of your nose, chin area and forehead. An additional contour color is not required as the highlighter automatically creates shadows everywhere else on the face. This way you can give your face shape without having to use many products.

Follow this with curled lashes and apply mascara to open up your eyes and give you the look of being wide awake.

Blend in a soft natural blush color to your cheek bones, I like to use a cream based one.

and finish with a slick of tinted lip balm!

I would love to know which of the 3 foundation routines you prefer this summer or let me how you would apply it differently.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Most Popular

Powered by Blogger.

Follow me on Instagram!